We believe that all is God-given and, as such, it is our duty as responsible stewards to treat all things with love and respect. This includes the natural environment as well as all that lives in it. To this end we work hard to minimise our carbon footprint and to use materials that have as little a damaging impact on the environment as possible.
We’re proud to be members of the Green Tourism scheme and are doing all we can to reduce the impact we make on the environment. You can learn more about the scheme at www.green-tourism.com.
What are we doing?
- We use toiletries from Out of Eden’s Green range which use chemicals that biodegrade and have as little an impact on the environment as possible
- We use toilet tissue made from recycled paper
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- We have implemented a scheme to replace all of our light bulbs with low energy LEDs. This will take quite some time but we believe it is worth it!
- We monitor our energy use and are actively seeking ways to reduce it
- We make sure all radiators are turned off when a room is not in use
- We separate our waste and recycle all that we can
- We cook only as much food as we plan to serve
- We use local and fairly traded ingredients where possible
- We encourage biodiversity in our grounds and maintain woodland and meadows
How can you be a Green Guest?
- Observe our towel policy – only ask us to launder your towels if they need it
- Turn your radiator down when you’re out of the room
- Turn lights off when a room is not in use
- Keep doors closed to keep in the heat
- Only order food that you plan on eating
- Use the recycling facilities in the cloisters